Online Services Pricing¶
Here's what you need to know about quota and credit, in the simplest possible terms:
- In order to use most QUIC.cloud services, you need quota.
- QUIC.cloud gives you free quota every month, but if you need more, you can buy it with account-level credit.
- And if you need more credit, you can refill your balance in the QUIC.cloud shop.
You can see the status of your quota usage and credit balance on the Summary screen of your dashboard.
Quota is for use with QUIC.cloud's WordPress Services. Bandwidth is for use with QUIC.cloud CDN. To learn more about bandwidth, see CDN Plans and Pricing. To learn more about quota, stay right here, and read on.
Your domain can use the following WordPress Optimization Services provided by QUIC.cloud, as long as you have quota available:
- Image Optimization (Fast Queue only. Standard Queue usage is free.)
- Page Optimization (this includes Critical CSS, Unique CSS, and Viewport Images services)
- Low-Quality Image Placeholder Generation
Quota is a measurement of usage and usually refers to a number of requests or calculations. It is counted at the domain level.
Each domain is automatically given free quota each month for these services.
Example of Quota Usage¶
- Let's say your
www.example.comdomain has a monthly free quota allowance of
1000requests for the Low-Quality Image Placeholder Generation (LQIP) service.
- On May 1st, you request LQIPs for 1220 images. The first 1000 requests will be processed, while the other 220 remain unprocessed in the queue.
- On June 1st, the domain quota will be refreshed and reset to
1000, the 220 remaining LQIP requests will be processed, and a quota of
780requests will be available for the remainder of June.
- On July 1st, the domain quota will be refreshed and reset to
If you don't want to wait until June to process those last 220 images, you can apply credit from your account-level credit balance to get more quota for the rest of May. (You can learn more about that in the Credit section below.)
How Quota is Determined¶
The amount of quota that a domain receives each month is determined by a tier system. The four tiers are based on the web server a domain uses, and are defined as follows:
- Basic (for domains running on Apache, nginx, or other non-LiteSpeed server)
- LiteSpeed (for domains running on a LiteSpeed server)
- LiteSpeed Enterprise (for domains that have paid for a LiteSpeed License)
- QUIC.cloud Partner (for domains that are hosted by QUIC.cloud Partners - COMING SOON.)
The lowest tier gets the least monthly quota, while the highest tier gets the most. Please visit the Online Services Pricing page for the most current quota allowance details for the WordPress optimization services.
Daily Limits on Free Quota Usage¶
Because free quota refreshes on the 1st of every month, there is often heavier-than-usual server usage at that time. In order to more fairly distribute the availability of services, we may from time-to-time enable daily usage limits.
These limits apply only to free quota and only to domains that have not purchased additional packages or Pay-As-You-Go quota for the month.
You can see any daily limits that are in effect for your services in the LSCache plugin. It appears on your LSCache plugin dashboard as shown in the image below.
To recap: if your services are not working, but you still have free quota remaining, the likely reason is that you have hit a daily limit. You can either wait until tomorrow for your services to start again, or you can purchase additional quota, which is not subjected to any limits.
Credit is an account-level currency and may be applied to the acquisition of additional quota for any service and any domain managed by the account.
Unlike free quota, your credit balance does roll over at the end of the month. Purchased credit never expires.
You can purchase credit in the QUIC.cloud store.
Once you have a credit balance, you can use it to purchase one-off Pay-As-You-Go quota boosts, or subscribe to additional monthly quota for certain services.
Can I transfer quota from one service to another?¶
Any quota that you previously added to a service via Pay-As-You-Go may be converted to dollars and transferred back to your Account Balance. Look for the
Convert Balance link in the Pay-As-You-Go area, as seen in the screenshot above. Click the link to remove the credit from the service and add it back into your Account Balance. Once the credit is back in the Account Balance, it may be reallocated to another service. If your domain is linked to a QUIC.cloud Partner Account that uses credit, then you will have the option to transfer the credit to your Partner Balance instead.
Can I transfer quota from one domain to another?¶
As mentioned earlier, you can convert and transfer any Pay-As-You-Go quota back to the Account Balance or Partner Balance via the
Convert Balance link. Once converted, you may reallocate the credit to another domain under the same account.
If you find yourself doing this often, you might want to consider this strategy for managing your credit so that transfers between domains are not necessary.
I ordered credit, but am still seeing a daily limit error. What can I do?¶
It's possible the LiteSpeed Cache plugin is not seeing your purchased credit for some reason. There are two things you can try:
- Refresh your domain key: From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > General and press the Refresh Domain Key button.
- Sync your credit allowance: From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to LiteSpeed Cache > Dashboard. Click the Refresh button next to the QUIC.cloud Service Usage Statistics section.
One or both of these measures should solve the problem.
If I don't use all of my free quota, does it roll over?¶
Free quota does not roll over. At the beginning of each month, no matter how much the domain has or has not used, the free quota allowance resets.
If I don't use all of my credit balance, does it roll over?¶
Yes! Credit is purchased in our store and is yours to keep. It never expires, and the balance rolls over from month to month.